Monday 13 September 2010

When I Grow Up - Hopes & Dreams


When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a kindergarten teacher, but my Mum tells me I wanted to be a ballerina long before that.

Julia (Miss 3-and-a-half) wants to be a princess and a builder. A sort of a Princess Bob I guess. She wants to build houses while she is waiting for her Prince Charming. She dresses up in beautiful flowing dresses and pretty shoes, together with a hardhat and toolbelt. We play Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella (I get to play the role of the Prince). Then she "fixes" my furniture.

I never did become a prima ballerina (actually I never did ballet at all), nor did I teach kindergarten, but I hope I'm giving Julia some valuable lessons in life. I keep telling her she can do anything. Hopes and dreams are wonderful things aren't they?

When I Grow Up
Deluxe Personalised Children's Book
$21.50 each with free shipping for delivery within Australia only.
Available now from Jelly Bean Books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!