Wednesday 15 June 2011

Listography - Top 5 Places I'd Like to Visit


I love to travel. The world is such a fabulous place that it's always hard to decide where to visit - there are so many places I haven't seen yet! But worse still, there are so many places I'd love to re-visit.

Joining Kate Takes 5
again this week, here are my top 5 destinations that I'd love to see and show Julia (Miss 4)...

1. Disneyworld
Having just returned from a family trip to California where we finished in Disneyland, the obvious choice for our next holiday would be Florida to check out the other side of the US. Especially as the US dollar conversion is so good right now!
2. Austria
This is my husband's birthland. He and I have travelled there and seen so much of this beautiful country, but I would love to go back and show Julia her heritage. Plus, being such a small country, we could take in some of the bordering countries too whilst capturing the highlights of Austria.

3. Ballarat
Now this is so much closer to home, but I recall fondly my visits to Sovereign Hill as a child. Julia would be captivated by the hands-on experience of Australian history.
4. New Zealand
The thought of flying overseas and landing in only 3 hours is too good to miss. New Zealand's proximity to Australia makes it the perfect overseas holiday. Plus it's got so many great places and cities to explore.
5. Europe
It's so convenient being able to consolidate my travel plans into one destination as I cannot choose any one country or city from the smorgasbord Europe has to offer. Yes, I have already singled out Austria, but now I have to choose between at least 30 other countries that I would love to see! When I win lotto...

Thanks again Kate - now I have my holidays planned for the next 5 years. If you would like to join in too, please take a look at Kate Takes 5!


Handmade children's ponchos, scarves & lots more
Available now from Mini-Me Handcrafts.


Personalised Children's Books
Available now from Jelly Bean Books.

3 comments:

  1. Love that Austalians can just say 'Europe' as one place. Hope you and Miss Julia make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Sovereign Hill! You could do Kryall Castle whilst you are there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate - yep, it's definitely an Aussie thing :)
    Oh Lee, I wonder if it will still be open by the time I make it to Ballarat!
    ~ Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!