Wednesday 20 July 2011

The Gallery - Vintage...


Once again joining Tara's Sticky Fingers blog for The Gallery ... the theme this week is Vintage.


I don't own a lot of really old things, but perhaps one that I treasure is this gorgeous leather bound book which belonged to my grandmother. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame was first printed in 1908. This is a 26th edition, printed in 1927. It has her name hand written in the front in her own writing. I like to think that she read and enjoyed this story many times just as I have.

If you would like to join in too, please take a look at Sticky Fingers!

Handmade children's ponchos, scarves & lots more
Available now from Mini-Me Handcrafts.


Personalised Children's Books
Available now from Jelly Bean Books.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous book! The fact that it belonged to your grandmother makes it even more precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo vintage books, now you're talking. There's something about them; the smell, the feel, the look. Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call, I bet it smells as good as it feels. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!