Monday 3 December 2012

Rainbow surprise cupcakes

I had to make cupcakes to take to school for Julia's birthday. Inspired by ideas and pictures on Pinterest, I made these rainbow cupcakes which the kids loved! 


Happy Birthday Julia! 


Lots of cupcakes ready to take to school. 


Here's the surprise! 

Recipe: You can't go wrong with a cake mix! Take 1 or 2 packets of vanilla cake mix and follow the directions on the packet to make the cake batter. Divide mixture into three bowls, add food colouring to each bowl and mix well. Put one spoonful of each colour into patty pans and bake. When cool, cover with frosting and sprinkles. 

P.S. The cupcakes I made for school didn't have quite as much frosting on them... that was the one I saved for me! 

Christine xx 

2 comments:

  1. Love them!!! I am always envious when I spy something crazy and colourful that I'd love to make for Miss K. But alas, she is sensitive to artificial colours, flavours and preservatives :(

    Hope you had fun licking the frosting off yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jac! The frosting is always the best part, isn't it?

      Delete

I love to read your comments!